The clinical department basically covers almost all aspects of the medical services that are provided here at Nasese Private Hospital. Such departments are:
MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (MD)
Medicine, surgery, gynecology, obstetrics, pediatrics, eye, ENT, dental, orthopedics’, neurology, cardiology, psychiatry, skin, V.D., plastic surgery, nuclear medicine, infectious disease etc. medical superintendent is a doctor who has control over all medical department.
- NURSING DEPARTMENT (ND)
The nursing department is the organizational structure through which nurses provides the best nursing care for patients and clients under the authority of this institution. All nurses are to provide comprehensive, safe, effective and well organized care system.
- RADIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
Through the types of tests that can be done, it helps with the diagnosis of diseases and also guides physicians in giving the best possible treatments and procedures to be followed. Services provided are:
- General X-Ray: is an important diagnostic tool and the most basic form of diagnostic imaging. It is used to create images of the body’s internal structures which could detect abnormalities in bones, lungs and other internal organs.
- Ultrasound Scan: is a procedure that uses high frequency sound waves to create an image of part of the inside of the body.
- Mammography: is an x-ray picture of the breast. These tests are done to look for early signs of breast cancer.
- INPATIENT DEPARTMENT (IP)
In-Patient is the heart of the hospital. This service provides medical care, diet, lodging which consists of:
- General wards, Semi-Private and Private Rooms
- Nurses Station
- Sanitary facilities
MRI: (Magnetic resonance imaging) is a medical imaging technique that uses a magnetic field and computer generated radio waves to create detailed images of the organs and tissues in your body.
- PATHOLOGY DEPARTMENT (PD)
Our Diagnostic Laboratory manages this department. It consist of various services that we provide. The purpose of this department is to provide the medical physicians the accurate findings and diagnosis through its tests so that the best possible medical treatment could be provided to our patients. Our Lab services provided here are:
- Haematology Tests
It is responsible for making haemoglobin determinations, coagulation time studies, red and white blood cell counts and other special blood pathology such as semen analysis.
- Biochemistry Tests
- Are everything concerning with the chemistry of living organisms and of vital process such as liver and kidney function, cholesterol tests and iron studies.
- Endocrinology Tests
Basically endocrinology is the study of hormones whereby hormones are vital for our everyday survival. They control our temperature, sleep, mood, stress, growth.
It is the scientific study of serum and other body fluids or the diagnostic identification of antibodies in the blood whereby these tests are to confirm infections with bacteria, fungi and viruses that are difficult to detect by other methods.
- Blood Bank
Includes ABO grouping, Cross Matching, Donor Screening and DAT.
- Microbiology Tests
It is the study of living organisms that are too small to see with the naked eye such as bacteria, viruses, algae and etc.
- OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENT (OPD)
Out-Patient department is the first point of contact for patients and persons visiting the hospital for the first time or are regulars so the best impressions should be given. Functions of OPD:
- GP & Specialist consultation, investigation, procedures and other special services that are needed.
- Promotes and prevents our health care system which could vary accordingly to the diagnosis of the patient such as diabetes, heart, antenatal or postnasal and etc.
- Health rehabilitation services such as physiotherapy and counselling.
Types of OPD cases are either referrals from:
- Doctors from within the hospital for specialist consult or from other doctors from other private or public medical centres/hospitals.
- Emergency Cases
- Direct Surgical cases
- PHYSIOTHERAPY DEPARTMENT
This department deals with clients who have functional disabilities resulting from disease conditions/injuries. Services provided are:
- Musculoskeletal Rehab: it is a program designed for people with impairments or disabilities due to a particular type of disease, or injury to the muscles, tendons, ligaments or bones.
- Neurological Rehab: basically for people with diseases, injury, or disorders of the nervous system.
- Cardio Respiratory Physio and Cardiac Rehab: Specializes in the prevention, rehabilitation and compensation of clients with diseases and injuries in the heart and lungs.
- Pre-Op and Post-Op Rehab (General and Ortho): the purpose of pre-op rehab is to help the patient to be in the best condition possible prior to operation to enhance their post-op recovery and to understand the therapy services that will be in place after surgery.
- Lung Function Test: a measure taken to see how well the lungs are functioning through the certain therapeutic procedures.
- Women’s Health: helps treat women’s’ health issues such as incontinence, pelvic/vaginal pain, prenatal and postpartum.
- Geriatrics / Elderly: types of therapeutic procedures that focuses on health care of the elderly which aims to promote health by preventing and treating diseases.
- Home Visits: are physiotherapeutic services that are available for those that wants / needs this service done at the comfort of patients home
NASESE PRIVATE HOSPITAL
62 Ratu Sukuna Road
(679) 331 4450
(679) 331 9233
Guides and Procedures
© 2002-2021 Nasese Private Hospital. All rights reserved.